Tungnath-Chandrashila Trek is one of the easiest and most beautiful treks of Uttarakhand. Located in the Garhwal Himalayan region the Tungnath- Chandrashila offers you the most serene and enchanting views of all time. The trek is done in three parts, first small trek journey to Deoriatal, second to the holy temple of Tungnath and then finally to the breathtaking Chandrashila Summit.
Let’s get to know each one more elaborately. Deoriatal is a lake about 3 km from Sari Village of Chopta, Uttarakhand, It is a small trekking trail giving you a beautiful scenic beauty of the area. Tungnath is the highest Shiva Temple situated in the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand at an altitude of 11,352 ft. The temple is believed to be 5000 years old. Tungnath’s legend is connected to the Pandavas. Chandrashila or Moon Rock is a summit just ahead of Tungnath. The trek to Tungnath is 7 km from Chopta and further, the Chandrashila is 5 km from Tungnath.
Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trip Highlights
- Famous Temples at Haridwar: Mansa Devi Temple, Chandi Devi Temple, Maya Devi Temple, Bilkeshwar Mahadev Temple, Bhimgoda Temple, Bharat Mata Temple
- Famous Temple at Rishikesh: Nilkanth Mahadev, Kunjapuri Temple, Parmarth Niketan Temple, Bharat Mandir, Tera Manzil Temple, Raghunath Temple
- Tungnath Temple
- Confluences at Devprayag and Rudraprayag
- Crystal Clear Lake: Deoriatal
- Snow capped Himalayan Peaks: Nanda Devi at 7,817 meters, Trishul at 7,120 meters, Kedarnath at 6,831 meters, Bandarpunch at 6,316 meters and Chaukhamba at 7,138 meters.
- Low altitude trek with cavernous gorges.
- Murmuring Waterfalls, lush green meadows & Mountain Goats.
- Glimpse of an ancient culture of local people.
- Possible sightings of some wildlife
- Nights in Hotel, Guest House and Tents
Best Time to Visit Chopta Chandrashila Trek
Best time to travel to Chopta is in summers (April – June) and winters (Oct – Dec). Winter treks are also conducted in Chopta and the best months to trek are between Jan and March.
In Summers: The weather of Chopta remains salubrious during summers. The Himalayas are distinctly visible and the cool breeze can felt early in the morning and in the late evening. Carrying light woolens is advised.
In Monsoon: Chopta turns greener during the monsoon season. Although trekking becomes challenging and there are chances of getting roads blocked for a couple of hours due to landslides, the scenic beauty of Chopta during monsoons is worth taking the risk for. Carrying raincoats is advised.
In Winters: The region gets blanketed in snow during the winter season and the accommodation options are also restricted to few. But Chopta looks the best during winters and indeed the trek becomes more difficult. Carrying heavy woolens is advised.
- Transport Facilities
- Rent for camping essentials and types of equipment
- Entry charges for the forest and National Parks
- Camping pieces of equipment carried by porter and mule. any of the additional personal luggage can be carried by them on additional charges
- Vegetarian food
- Accommodation Throughout the Camping
WHATS NOT INCLUDED
- Additional Bags or Luggage being carried by the porters or mule
- Any other Transportation facility other than offered
- Personal expenditure like Medicine, Communication or meals other than offered
- Transport Facility From Delhi to their respective home